Our Promise to You
At Meadowmat we make every effort to ensure that your wildflower turf reaches you in the best possible condition. We're proud of our product and we want you to be delighted by it.
Meadowmat is a natural, living product, which means that its condition will change very quickly according to the environment it finds itself in. Each piece of Meadowmat is unique and you will notice variations in colour, weight, establishment time, and proportions of plant species. This does not affect your consumer rights but please read our terms and conditions below before making your purchase.
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
- We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
- The customer fully understands that wildflower turf is a perishable product, which must be properly laid on properly prepared ground with no risk to drought, and adequately watered within 6 hours of delivery if conditions are dry. Please note that Meadowmat should never be watered whilst still rolled.
- The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. All complaints need photo evidence.
- Any claim for non desirable plants or grasses or disease will not be allowed after a reasonable period which will not exceed four weeks.
- All Meadowmat (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the turf from whatever cause arising
Unhappy with your Meadowmat?
Q Lawns do want you to be happy with your wildflower area. If you are unhappy with anything about the condition of your Meadowmat when it is delivered to you it is important that you report the problem to the organisation you purchased your turf from WITHIN 48 HOURS OF DELIVERY.